Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Insight Labels field?

Pieter Helsen April 17, 2024

In customer discussions, we want to be able to quickly view earlier insights from this customer and how they are reflected on our roadmap. 

Prior to Jira Product Discovery, we would use a 'Customers' field (similar to the Labels field), where you could enter the customer(s) interested in a specific feature and then use JQL to query all features relevant to a specific customer. 

We had hoped to do something similar using the Insights Labels, but I have not found a way to query all Ideas (or Insights) with a certain Insights label. 

Could someone tell me how the Insight Labels field could/should be used and whether our use case fits that purpose?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

Hi Pieter, yes that feature (insights label) is not great today, you can't use these labels to filter ideas in views, etc. 

However you could create a "Customer" field of type "multi-select" and put your customer names there, then tag customers to ideas via this field - that's what a lot of our users do. 

1 vote
Violeta Tamašauskienė April 17, 2024

We are using a custom checkbox type Customer field for this. Of course, customers need to be predefined and cannot be entered as a label, but I also think it adds some safety of not having a new label with Typo created, thus losing some of the data. 

Pieter Helsen April 17, 2024

Hi, thanks for the response. Similar to how we used to do it before, we may revert to this if Insight Labels is not yet production-grade at the moment :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events