Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make custom fields mandate while submitting an idea?

Sagithya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2024

Hi, I want to make a few custom fields mandate when someone adds an idea to the JPD project. I couldn't find the 'Required' checkbox anywhere under field settings. 

3 answers

0 votes
Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

As far as I'm aware, currently, it's all (like @Rob Mkrtchian indicates) or nothing with regards to required fields on idea creation. I would hope that there is something on Atlassian's JPD roadmap (although I don't see anything....).

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

Indeed for the moment it's all or nothing - that's part of the small product improvement we could make through the year so it wouldn't appear on this roadmap. We haven't prioritized it yet as this feature is relatively new so it's still version 1, but that's definitely an espact (the form in general) of the product we will improve at some point. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Rob Mkrtchian May 17, 2024

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 14.19.51.png

Project Settings > Features > Create Ideas > > Enable "Make all fields mandatory"

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2024

This will make ALL of the fields in the "Create Idea" form required. Some fields aren't supported (and therefore aren't shown on the form), like in your example screenshot.

Like Rob Mkrtchian likes this
0 votes
Sudarsana G
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 17, 2024

Navigate to Field Configurations:

Go to your JPD settings by clicking on the settings icon in the bottom left corner.
Under the "Settings" section, select "Field Configurations."

Select or Create a Field Configuration:

Choose the field configuration that is associated with your JPD project or create a new one if needed.

Edit Field Configuration:

Click on the field configuration you want to edit.

Configure Field Requirements:

In the field configuration settings, locate the custom fields that you want to make mandatory.
Click on the field name to edit its configuration.
Check the "Required" checkbox to make the field mandatory.
Save your changes.

Associate Field Configuration with Project:

Once you have configured the field requirements, you need to associate the field configuration with your JPD project.
Go back to your project settings.
Under "Issue Types," select "Field Configuration."
Choose the field configuration you just edited or created and associate it with your project.

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2024

JPD (Jira Product Discovery) projects are team-managed style. Field Configurations are not applicable to team-managed style projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events