Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add more than just the epic?

Shawn Giese January 12, 2024

I can deliver an idea as either a standalone epic or standalone story. How can I add either an epic with issues to work on or even just a story into an existing epic? I thought I could prepare my epic in product discovery, including issues where work is done. 

When I tried to add a delivery into an existing epic, it just added a link back to the idea but not an actual issue in the epic where work could be done.

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2024

Hi @Shawn Giese , 

I'm not sure I understand, could you please elaborate with more details? You can add a number of epics or stories to the idea in JPD. But if you want to add a story to an existing epic, you would have to do that from Jira.

Shawn Giese January 15, 2024

Exactly, I wanted to push ideas into an existing Epic. As it is now... I push one idea as an epic, then I push remaining ideas as stories. Then I log into Jira and manually pull the stories into the epic. 

I had not realized that Product Discovery did not support hierarchies and so it is not possible to push a group of ideas together (like an epic with assigned tasks).

0 votes
Adam Wencel January 14, 2024

I may have this on my radar eventually @Shawn Giese .  Can you provide a few visual examples of this?  Either from the platform itself or something scratched in notepad.

I want to understand if this aligns with something I'm doing soon.

Shawn Giese January 15, 2024

I just made a quick demo. I was hoping to push a parent / child like relationship for work (so I could plan everything in Product Discovery). Without hierarchy, I push each idea out to Jira and then log in to Jira to assemble the pieces.

I thought that maybe "Add a delivery ticket" could at least allow me to target the Epic to add work, but it only adds a link back to the idea, not an actual work ticket.

16.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events