Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you managing OKRs with JPD?

Seth Mason June 15, 2022

How are you all mapping JPD ideas to Goals? I can set the field "Goals" to be an OKR, but is there any way to see rollup progress?  Most solutions require an external tool and I'm doubting that many of those external tools/products work with JPD.

We've map engineering epic's (in their own projects) to Ideas in JPD. JPD's are organized under "Goals" which are in essence OKRs.

5 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Margo Sakova - OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 15, 2024

Hi @Seth Mason 

Here is an option for JPD:

• "Goal" as a strategic company objective
  • "Category" as a department objective
  • "Idea" as key result
  • "Delivery Progress" attached to each Idea / Key Result to automatically calculate the score
  • Custom field for the cases, where the KR progress needs to be updated manually

okr-board-in-jira-product-discovery.png

I've covered it in detail in my recent article on configuring Jira for OKRs.
Let me know what you think about it 😊

2 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2022

Hi @Seth Mason , FYI where we're going with this is we're going to integrate with Atlas , which covers goals/sub-goals which you can use as OKRs - and report on progress for those. This means that you'll be able to add an "Atlas Goals" field to a view and use those to set goals to ideas, and visualize which ideas ladder up to which goals.

Matt Schroyer June 16, 2022

That would be great.

Seth Mason June 16, 2022

Great. @Tanguy Crusson is there a timeline for the support of Atlas?  

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2022

@Seth Mason we don't generally comment on timelines for the delivery of features. Not because we want to hide anything but because we genuinely don't know what will happen that can make us have to change plans mid-flight 😅

In the meantime, what we've seen teams do is create a corresponding "Goal" field in JPD with values whose names match the Atlas ones. It's not perfect but since creating goals is not a high frequency operation it seems to work OK for now.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Kamil Borowiec
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2023

Hi, can I request to turn on this wonderful feature for my JPD?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
July 19, 2023

done 

0 votes
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2023

Is there an estimated delivery time for integrating Atlas goals in JPD?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2023

It's there already, and I've turned it on for your site. Demo here for how to use it: https://www.loom.com/share/9489c20d9ff243cd95882bf4c502ba87

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
March 14, 2023

Thank you so much Tanguy! Gold!

Marketplace Partner
March 14, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson,

I can see the field and add it to a view, but the values of our goals are not loading. Is any configuration necessary?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2023

There shouldn't be. Can you please record a quick screen recording (e.g. using www.loom.com) so we can see what's going on? Thanks!

Marketplace Partner
March 15, 2023

Here's a screen recording 

https://www.veed.io/view/a8152e2e-cb6e-46cc-a29c-036e07885f78?panel=share

Not sure what to show, but it certainly doesn't find any of our goals. The url to the linked Atlas environment is correct.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2023

@Jaime Capitel _resolution_ could you book a 15min call here? We can troubleshoot together

https://calendly.com/tcrusson/15min-meeting?month=2023-03

Marketplace Partner
March 15, 2023

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson for offering your time, I've booked a slot later today. See you!

Marketplace Partner
March 16, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson thanks again for your time yesterday!

I forgot to ask, is there a ticket that I can watch to track when the issue is solved?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 16, 2023

We don't have a public issue tracker, but I'll let you know !

Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson  do you have any updates? I'm actually preparing a presentation for Team23 in which I'd like to show the Atlas --> JPD integration

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2023

@Jaime we've prioritized all the things we need to do to move from beta to general availability and there's an open bug there that means that it can fail intermittently when you try to search in the goal or project field

If that's for a demo it might be fine though. I've turned the fields on for your site. You might need to refresh a couple of times for the field to work the first time. Let us know how you go!

Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2023

Fantastic! It does work now. Yes, it's mainly for that presentation and a POC for now, so even if it fails intermittently it will be fine.

Thanks again @Tanguy Crusson !

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2023

OK the bug is fixed

Marketplace Partner
April 4, 2023

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson !

0 votes
gelgun October 21, 2022

Thanks, I was looking for this. 

Lukas Neumann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2023

Hello @Tanguy Crusson , could I ask you to turn on the feature for our tenant? We would like to use JPD with Atlas. Thank you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events