Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create issue automation failing with "Please select a valid project" instead of permission issue

Dan Horsfall July 31, 2024

When creating a Jira automation to create an issue in a restricted JPD Project, I get the error attached - "Please select a valid project"JPD fails with invalid.png

After troubleshooting I found that this is because the project I was trying to create in was restricted. When I change the rule actor, or open the project up it seems to work. Feels like a bug that it didn't say "You don't have permission to create issues in this project. You may be able to adjust those settings here ...." 

Also wanted to ask if there is a way to add the Automation for Jira user as a contributor to the JPD project? I don't see it in the user select. Do I need to create a specific bot user for this purpose? 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2024

Hi @Dan Horsfall ,

Sorry for any inconvenience here. If I had to guess, it's probably an issue with the A4J user vs. the restriction of the project's Settings / Access.

We've noticed some customers' A4J user not being granted JPD permission. This isn't so much a bug, but something we're working on correcting.

Regardless, you'll want to open a ticket with JPD support so they can grant your A4J user with JPD permission. The A4J user cannot be granted permission from your end.

You can do that within JPD under the Give Feedback tab >> Get help from the support team, or HERE.

Dan Horsfall August 1, 2024

Great, Thanks Nick!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events