Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create insight from JIRA ticket

Paul Newell June 8, 2023

I'd like to add a Jira in an unrelated (team managed) project to my Idea as an insight. I know I can copy and past the link into the Insights section of the Idea, but this is pretty inconvenient as it is normally when I am view the ticket I want to link that I want to complete this action. Is there a way I can make an automation or action that will add a Jira Issue as an Insight to my idea? Effectively I am imagining it working the same way as linking issues, except the issue ends up in the Insights section

5 answers

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 20, 2023

Hello, everyone!

Try using a free Google Chrome extension for tasks - Issue Creator for Jira Cloud. My team developed it and significantly improves productivity in task management.

It allows you to create tasks in different Jira projects, take screenshots, and generate a summary from the descriptions using AI.

In this article, we introduced the addon to Atlassian Community users.

I hope it will be helpful for you!

1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2023

@Paul Newell have you tried using the Chrome extension? That's how we use it to link Jira Service Management tickets to Jira Product Discovery ideas today: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jira-product-discovery/flacajjkcnlngpeapmnmignmjgddamah

You can add an issue to an idea, from the issue, that way. 

1 vote
Krystal O_Connor June 8, 2023

Be interested to see what others say, but I've been using the browser extension and adding the insight to the idea in JPD from tickets in Jira that way.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023
0 votes
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2023

I thought linking the issue to the idea using "Added to idea" linktype would work, but it doesn't seem to work (the issue is not added to the insights).

You can see in here that @Tanguy Crusson said this is the linktype they use in insights. But for some reason, it doesn't work when using it not via the insights interface.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2023

Hi @Omer Meshar that's correct: when you add an issue as an insight to an idea, it creates that issue link. But just linking the issue and the idea won't suffice. 

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2023

Hi @Paul Newell ,

Project Automation for JPD is only partially supported, and unfortunately at this time Insights is limited.

Like @Krystal O_Connor - using the extension would be the recommendation, or adding the issue's link manually to the Idea like you are currently doing.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events