Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Idea to insights" link type a special link type?

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2023

We have a link called "Idea to insights" which was used by some Product managers. While this link is shown on the Jira issue, it is not shown in the JPD idea.

Is that on purpose? are we not supposed to use this link type for linking JPD ideas to Jira issues? (I am not talking about delivery links, I am talking about issues representing Feature requests, that we want to link to an idea).

1 comment

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Omer Meshar , there are a few issue link types that are reserved by the tool. One of them is "is idea for/is insights for". When you paste a link to a Jira issue as an insight in an idea in Jira Product Discovery it creates a link between these 2 issues. But it only shows up in the "insights" section in the idea. (we hide the issue link)

Like Omer Meshar likes this
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2023

Got it.

Hiding the issue link on the idea, creates an irregular mismatch of seeing the link on one end and not on the other (and you need to look for it in the insights, if you know to do this). I understand the logic, hopefully this doesn't confuse too many users.

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events