Can I use a form to create new ideas?

Florian Wahl May 20, 2022

Happy Friday! Loving what you guys have built so far. We are looking to roll it out across my organization.

My question is in two parts: I'm trying to find out if there is a way in Atlassian to create a simple form that users can use to submit new ideas to the board. If that's possible, is there a way to use this form outside of Atlassian?

Basically, I would love to be able to replicate the "Give feedback" feature that is currently available in the side menu of Product Discovery, integrate it in my organization's product, and then have it be linked to my Product Discovery board.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 3.48.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 3.51.32 PM.png

If there is no option for that at the moment, any third party plugging that I could leverage that would help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi @Florian Wahl, what we're using here in this menu to collect feedback for Jira Product Discovery is a Jira Service Management queue. That way we can receive, respond to and discuss feature requests there, and then decide what we add as insights to ideas in the Jira Product Discovery project - where we manage the roadmap. 

Jira Service Management offers a widget you can embed in your app to ask people to leave feedback. 

Check out this section from the FAQ that explains the setup: 

How can we use Jira Product Discovery to collect feedback from customers/users and other teams (support, sales, customer success, marketing)?

In this first version of Jira Product Discovery, we’ve focused on some the jobs that help a PM do their job: prioritizing ideas and opportunities, creating and sharing roadmaps that stay up to date, and capturing feedback from a bunch of different places (interview notes in Confluence/Google Docs, conversations in Slack/Teams). But for now we assume the PMs have existing channels they use to receive feedback, and we help them send this feedback to ideas in Jira Product Discovery.

We have only partially tackled the job of creating a direct feedback channel between customers/users or other internal teams (sales/support/customer success/marketing) with the product team. We have plans to do more there, but for now these are the options that you can use to do that with the product today:

1. Set up a Jira Service Management queue to receive feedback from customers and internal teams

2. Set up a dedicated Slack channel #product-feedback to receive feedback from internal teams (also works with Teams)

3. Share views with other teams and gather their feedback using fields and votes to receive feedback from internal teams

Florian Wahl May 25, 2022

Merci @Tanguy Crusson ! This is exactly the insights I was looking for. I think the approach using a Jira Service Management queue makes sense and it also allows to separate the intake process from the refinement/prioritization of ideas. So, that the Product Discovery board doesn't get flooded by noise.

Like # people like this
Neema Daneshvar April 10, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson you mentioned in your post that Jira had plans to do more for a direct feedback channel into JPD. Any updates on this since last year?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2023

@Neema Daneshvar not yet, it's still something we're looking into but haven't found a great solution yet. In the meantime we started with a simple way to let contributors submit ideas. More details here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Who-wants-to-try-the-feature-letting-contributors-submit-ideas/ba-p/2323964

Neema Daneshvar April 13, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Thank you, this looks like what we need. I submitted my request to that page. Would appreciate if you can activate me to try this out. https://silvustechnologies.atlassian.net

0 votes
Nick Payne October 4, 2022

Appreciate this is an old thread. However if your organization is invested in Microsoft O365 I'd suggest creating a Microsoft Form with Power Automate into Jira.

See https://powerautomate.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/details/00811383841943c9bdeb1bdeff23248a/create-jira-issue-with-microsoft-forms-response/ 

Additionally, adding an idea approval process prior to submission to Jira would keep your boards cleaner?

0 votes
Minesh Patel May 20, 2022

I don't know why you would want to inundate the Product Discovery board, but here is one way I would do it:

https://zapier.com/apps/chatbot/integrations/jira-service-desk

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events