Associating Custom Fields from JPD to Software Project

Abby Kiesling May 9, 2023

I am trying to create an automation where, when an Idea in JPD is transitioned to "Selected for Development", a ticket is automatically generated in my engineering software project, but I am unable to make this work due to custom fields that are required in the software project.  Additionally, I want to include some important fields from JPD into my software project.  

The issue I'm running into is that Jira doesn't know that Field A in my JPD project is the same thing as Field 1 in my Software Project, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to code JSON to make it work.  

I should also note, I can find the custom field ID for the software project fields, but I can't figure out how to get the IDs for my JPD fields. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Abby Kiesling 

I have that automation build. To copy back and forth fields. I use {{triggerIssue.Field Name}} or {{issue.Field Name}}

I found that I can use the whole name with spaces even, as long as it matches

Ex: {{triggerIssue.Salesforce Case Number}}

Greenshot 2023-05-10 08.47.25.png

Abby Kiesling May 10, 2023

This worked!!!! Thank you very much.  I did have to make sure my fields were the same type and the options were all exactly the same.  Once I corrected that, your fix worked like a charm. 

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.20.31 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 11.21.52 AM.png

Like # people like this
0 votes
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

@Abby Kiesling did you try getting the IDs from:
https://<your jira instance>/rest/api/2/issue/<a jira issue's key>?expand=names   ?

Did you try automation, where you can copy the value of Field A into Field 1?

This was SO USEFUL for so many different things.  Thank you Omer.  I'm saving this link template for future use.  

Like Omer Meshar likes this
0 votes
Warlen Xavier Cintra May 9, 2023

Oi Abby, tem um campo de acesso JSON que p0ode dar acesso, MIT, tem um exemplo de ID que auxilia, deixo link: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8163859/how-can-i-get-data-in-json-array-by-id

Qualquer coisa tento a montagem de linha de pensamento. E obrigado. 

Hey there, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check it out. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events