Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to manually-triggered automation actions?

Barry van Oudtshoorn August 28, 2023

It seems like there's no way within the JPD view of issues to trigger manual actions. I have actions which make create delivery tickets for items based on the disco item, but to trigger this I have to force the "normal" JIRA view by doing a search like `issuekey = EX-123`. Is there any timeline on when the "actions" menu will be made available in JPD's issue views?

1 answer

2 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Hello Barry, 

We are currently working with the Automation team on adding Jira Product Discovery specific automation features - we are starting by the templates and then we will move on later this year with support of specific Jira Product Discovery fields/concepts , the manual trigger can indeed be part of that scope :).

Could you please let me know an example of rule you are using on ideas that requires a manual trigger? 

Best Regards,
Hermance
Product Manager @ Jira Product Discovery

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2023

Hi @Hermance NDounga you can find one example of a manual trigger here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery/JPD-automation-options-and-manual-triggers/m-p/2431670#M1284

Another one could be to perform some "big" transition from one status to another (e.g. archive) and ask the user for some additional input to audit.

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2023

Hi Omer, 

Thanks for the use case and the community thread - I totally missed it!

Definitely makes sense. I'll make sure to consider it for the next iterations on project automation. 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Angie Adams February 5, 2024

another example is to create a confluence page.  especially helpful if you want creation of page to be controlled by a person.

Kavitha July 28, 2024

Hi @Hermance NDounga ,

I am also looking for a manual trigger of an automation rule, is there any update on the orginal request please. 

Thanks,

Kavitha

Like # people like this
Kavitha July 30, 2024

Hi @Hermance NDounga ,

I am able to acheive this (Trigger an automation rule manually from the issue) when I open the issue from the "Filters" option. 

This is what I did:

1. Created a new filter and added the required conditions to select my desired issues and I used "JQL" option to add my own conditions.

2. From the filtered list, I opened the issue and I can see the "Actions" menu on the right panel.

3. From the actions menu, I can select the manual automation rule.

Hope the above steps can be helpful. Thanks

Like Gary Spross likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events