Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Very) early access to the Stakeholder/Sharing experience

Hi everyone, 

It's been a long time coming but we are excited to share that:

We are now ready to give early access to the stakeholder/sharing experience to a small group of customers - maximum 10 for now. 

Don't worry, it's going to be available for all customers later!

What is it? Sharing with stakeholders

Here is a demo for the feature: 

Basically you can share a view with anyone, internal or external to your company, as long as they have an Atlassian account.

An Atlassian account is free to get, you don't need to be a user of any Atlassian product to have one - it's basically the same as a Facebook or Google or Slack user account. 

Limitations (there are plenty)

At this stage there is a pretty extensive list of limitations for this feature:

• It is a read-only experience (in progress)
    • Can't create ideas or edit them in any way
    • Can't add comments or insights or reactions
  • It does not support all fields today. In particular the following fields aren't supported yet:
    • Delivery progress and status (in progress)
    • Atlas goals and projects
    • Formula fields
  • Images/files embedded don't show --> they're working now!

We are currently exploring a new technical option that might make it possible to share a view publicly (with anyone on the internet, anonymous access). We can't make promises yet but we may be onto something with this option.

How to apply for early access

We're only going to work with 10 companies to start with. Here are the requirements for being part of the early access group. Please only request access if:

1. Your job is just too hard without this feature today
  2. You're on the standard plan of Jira Product Discovery (we can't support free plans yet)
  3. You're OK to meet with us on Zoom for a first call before we turn this on to validate use cases, then meet us later to give us feedback
  4. You're comfortable with the limitations listed above, and with the fact that, well, it's an early access

Still interested? Apply here.

18 comments

Selena Cummock August 24, 2023

Hi, @Tanguy Crusson ! :)

I'd love to be one of the first! :)  The form is blocked and says I need permission. Can you help? :) Hoping to be one of the first for Tensar.atlassian.net.

Thank you! :)

Teal Nissley August 24, 2023

Same!! I’d love to participate but cannot access the form. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2023

@Selena Cummock @Teal Nissley sorry! the form is now open for all

Like # people like this
Selena Cummock August 24, 2023

Whoo hoo! Thank you, @Tanguy Crusson ! :)

Like mmarkham likes this
mmarkham August 24, 2023

Very nice!

Karthiga Sethuraj August 25, 2023

This is great, @Tanguy Crusson , For the stakeholder role are there any plans to open edit access to "Submit ideas" in the view shared with them as well in future ?

Like Omer Meshar likes this
Hugo Cheong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2023

Hey love this competitive feature @Tanguy Crusson ! And great video explaining the context and limitations. Just wondering if the feature allows admins to track the different viewers and view times? Many thanks!

Like Omer Meshar likes this
Sebastian Pechhold August 27, 2023

Am i too late for my application? :D Just filled out the form.

Stefanie Lang August 28, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , if there is still a free space, we would love to try this out and provide feedback. Thanks so much, Steff 

brent.johnson August 28, 2023

So excited!!!

John Ickes August 29, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson

We can't wait to use this feature! We desperately want to share roadmaps with our stakeholders and this will open that up for us.  I do see that you are also exploring anonymous access which would really open this up, so I'm hoping that will be possible.

My only concern is that when the stakeholder authenticates it asks a bunch of questions that really don't apply in this context.  Is there any way to avoid the "Tell us a bit about yourself" questions?

Thanks again for adding this feature, it is going to be great!

Like # people like this
Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson - can we join? (submitted in the form)

Adam November 1, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson I'm sensing your early access is full and it might be some time till the feature is "GA" but would you be wiling to provide any of the following:

My team is is continuing to build up an alternate custom solution to meet client expectations and I'd like to be able to scope "Just enough" to hold us over until we can use this.

Like # people like this
Ryan Charlick December 6, 2023

Is there any update on this? I was told by one of the reps that I would be able to test these out a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. 

Like Lisa Kostyshak likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2024

Hi @Tanguy Crusson ,

Happy New Year! This is an amazing feature! How and when could I try it? Thanks!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2024
Like Sean Osawa at Ricksoft likes this
Justin Sharp January 30, 2024

Can't wait for this feature as well! Keep up the great work!

Johann Steffensen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

Any news on this functionality? :-) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events