Where can we report bugs for the Jira macOS app?

kevin September 9, 2021

Is there also an issue tracker? The we can know if and when the Mac App becomes usable again.

These were spotted and make it frustrating to use, to a point where we switched back to the web interface:

• Can't set an original estimate from the create task Modal. It just disappears as soon as you click it.
  • The task creation modal uses a completely different text editing input for the description field. Task editing uses a rich text editor. We end up having to create a blank task and then go and edit it.
  • Once you paste a link into the description of a task (and nothing else) and save, it becomes impossible to edit the description. Clicking always opens the link.
  • In the Log work modal, if I erase "Time spent" and just set "Remaining estimate" to something like "0m", I get 4h logged on the task... All I want is to set remaining time to 0.
  • Pasting text from the web can sometimes cause the app to hang and then crash.
  • If you type 1.5d for a time estimate (like you would on web), it sets to 5d.
  • There is a long transition between different interactions that makes creating and editing tasks extremely tedious.
  • When clicking to add an Epic, the search box doesn't auto-focus for me to type. Any page of this kind should just auto-focus the search box.
  • In the Epic Link page when creating an issue, searching has a few second delay.
    • When arriving on the page, the full epic list is loaded (small delay).
    • When we search, there is a delay until the search items are filtered (another delay even though everything was already loaded). 
    • Consider filtering the local results which you already loaded on arrival.

All in all, it's not a bad App. There are just loads of UX issues that make task creation/editing very tedious to use. Not to mention the bugs that force you to just open the website again.

I would suggest forcing your own development team to use the Mac App. You will then notice bugs like these being given a higher priority all of a sudden!

Please focus on the core features being stable and usable. If I can't create tasks properly, I won't have any use for pretty graphs...

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events