jira 7.2.1 released without fixes or updates?

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

Hi all,

I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I noticed today 7.2.1 released.  I looked at the release notes and it said, "This is a minor release and does not include any fixes or features".   What is in this release then?

Since we are looking to upgrade to 7.2, I was wondering if I should look to upgrade to 7.2.0 or 7.2.1?

Thanks,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRA/versions/63206 shows 6 issues in that version. I don't think that security problems are the answer about why so many release notes say that nothing was fixed or added.

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2016

Should have checked that version - my bad. Clearly a better answer than mine - or question, really; Why are these not mentioned in the Release Notes? Maybe because they all have a Priority 'Low'?

1 vote
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2016

I've seen a similar release earlier and the answer may be similar to the procedures we follow regarding security vulnerabilities. We don't expose these in Release Notes to limit the exposure to our customers that have not upgraded (or will not upgrade short term). No need to tell the world that there is a XSS vulnerability (or whatever) in JIRA 7.2.0, right?

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2016

Ahh OK makes sense.  Since we are standalone server and have a pretty secure firewall, I am not sure that this will affect us, but I will bring it to the management team and let them decide.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer