Wanted: Report App (Alternative to EazyBI)

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Hi,

we have implemented a report in Eazy BI and the formats the report can export are not sufficient for our usecase.

The report lists jira issues and the list is grouped.

In SQL the report would be something like

SELECT textfield1, textfield2, textfield3, numberfield1, numberfield2, numberfield3 FROM table GROUP BY 1,2,3

Eazy BI can do that, but the export is not useable for our use case the xlsx export contains so many merged cells you cant work with it any more:

Unbenannt.PNG

We already contacted the vendor and they are not planning to change the export feature.

Being able to export a report to Excel and work with it there is a must-have for our client.

The Tools also offers a CSV export but you just have to do too much manual work to open it in MS Excel (pick encoding,set separtor, set decimal point, save as xlsx and so on...).

Is there another app that can provide this?

Or are there other reporting tools that are able to create reports about Jira Issues?

Or is there a tool that can easily convert the xlsx/CSV into something useful?

kind regards

Jens

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

I suggest checking out Rich Filters.

Its not a BI solution but it allows to dynamically filter issues on a Jira Dashboard. The results you can then export to excel.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214789/rich-filters-for-jira-dashboards?hosting=server&tab=overview

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

Thanks, can it create grouped lists? It doesnt say anything about that in the description or the screenshots.

Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

I didn't see the screen shot when I first replied.

There isn't a report in Rich Filters which would resemble that list. 

You can calculate values on the issues but cannot really group them together.

Another app you might look into is Better Excel Exporter for Jira https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212652/better-excel-exporter-for-jira-xlsx?hosting=server&tab=overview

If that doesn't work the best solution might be to connect directly to an external BI Solution

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

yeah i added it later ]:->

nifty app though, i will keep it in mind.

have a good weekend

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2020

I will also check out the Pivot Table Feature of BEEFJ, it looks promising

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

The Better Excel Exporter app natively supports Excel pivot tables.

Or, even if pivot tables are hard to work with in the Excel template, it will at least export your data in a way that requires no further manual massaging. Then, you can create the pivot table in Excel with a couple of clicks.

excel-pivot-table-result

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2020

Hi,

there are about 50.000 issues created per year in the project the report is about,

will the tools be able to handle this amount of data?

kind regards

Jens

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

The app is driven by Excel template that have major impact on the performance of exports, obviously. Depending how the template is built and how complex it is, the load can be different.

I suggest you have a look at the performance optimization guide to build the best-performing templates.

Suggest an answer