It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to create a filter to return all child issues of all the Epics in my Jira Project

Trying to create a filter for all child issues of Epics in my Jira Project without using scriptrunner but the advance filter only.

example:

issuekey = EEEP-963 OR issuekey in childIssuesOf(EEEP-963) OR issuekey = EEEP-992 OR issuekey in childIssuesOf(EEEP-992) AND issuetype in ("Portfolio Epic", Capability, Epic, Story) ORDER BY issuetype ASC

this gives me Exactly what I need for my report – the Epic down to the lowest children (sub-task) if it exist in any story.

However, that is limited to manually entering known issuekey. I want to be able to return all Epic, and their respective childIssues. So if I have 100 Epics I should also get children of each epic under them.

Any suggestion or solution to this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello,

You would need a plugin for it. For example, you could use JQL Search Extensions for Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214791/jql-search-extensions-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Your JQL query would look like this:

issue in allIssuesInEpic("your JQL query")

You can find more info here:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/30497099/JQL+Reference+Server#JQLReference(Server)-AllIssuesInEpic(jql-queryorissuekey)

@Alexey Matveev -cPrime- thanks for your help, i will request this extension from my IT team. 

You are welcome!

Thanks, the update from my IT team is that they wont want to buy another add on or extenssion. for this purpose. therefore i will still appreciate any solution on how to use the jira filter to return same result. 

Hi,

you can try our add-on Epic Finder which has many useful functions to find epics and their issues that fulfill different conditions. Please have a look here for more details.

For some examples how to use this add-on, please go to Ultimate Guide.

Regards,

Lime Trees Support Team

Thanks, the update from my IT team is that they wont want to buy another add on or extenssion. for this purpose. therefore i will still appreciate any solution on how to use the jira filter to return same result

If you don't want to use a plug-in and if Initiative issue type is enabled, you can put all the epics under an initiative and use "issuekey in childIssueOf(InitiativeKey)" to get all epics, tasks, and sub-tasks linked.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

967 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you