I need to upgrade jira from 7.1 to latest version,
can any one suggest importent steps to be taken ,like
1) what files to backup ( IN LINUX)
2) will attachments be restored ?
3) for upgrading jira core steps involved to backup data and restore.
"without data loss"
Have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/upgrading-jira-applications-861253088.html - that will lead you through the upgrade process.
To give an immediate answer:
1. The home directory, the install directory and you'll need a copy of the database. Which bits you use depend on what you're planning to use the backup 4.
2. See 1.
3. Follow the upgrade path in the doc I linked to, it's an essay question, but not one we need to repeat.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs