• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL to search for issues older than 30 days from a specific date

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a filter to see issues that older than 30 days old from a specific date (For example I want all issues older than 30 days from November 1st 2018). I've played around with "createdDate >= -30d" but that will give me issues older than 30 days from today.

Any way to enter a date into that query? I also have access to scriptrunner issuefunction if there's a way to do it through that.

Thanks!

2 answers

5 votes
Antoine Berry Community Leader Apr 03, 2019

Hi,

If you are going to use a custom date, why are you not setting it directly, i.e.

created < "2018-10-01"

?

I need the historical data on it, so rather than getting info on bugs with a specific createdDate, I need to get the issues 30 days old from a specific date.

I am not sure to understand. A filter returns a set of issues based on a request. If "created" is not satisfactory, you could use other system dates such as "updated" or "resolved", or any other date custom field.

For example, if you need to get issues that are between 1 month old and 2 month old on 1st November 2018 (using updated date), that would be : 

updated > "2018-09-01" and updated < "2018-10-01"

If you need to know how old a specific issue is on a specific date, I am afraid you are gonna need some scripting to fill a custom field.

Antoine

What I need is a query that gives me "On October 1st, these issues are 30 days old" or another way of putting it their created date is 30 days older than October 1st.

Well you cannot subtract days from a specific date. But you can from jira built-in date functions such as : 

startOfMonth(-1) // the first day of the previous month

startOfMonth(-14d) // 14 days prior to the first day of this month

So in your case, because you cannot do

created <= "2018-10-01" -30d   (but you can do created <= -30d)

what you actually need is 

created <= "2018-09-01" (since there are 30 days in September). You could as well use 

created <= startOfMonth(-7) (since september was 7 months ago)

Like # people like this

+1 for : created <= "2018-10-01" -30d  functionality

I'm surprised to discover that startOfMonth or startOfWeek accept a relative date, but "now" does not! That seems like kind of an oversight, doesn't it?

Antoine Berry Community Leader Oct 13, 2020

Hi,

If you want to use a relative date from "now",  you do not have to write it, i.e. 

created > -14d 

will retrieve issues created in the last 14 days.

I also found that startOfDay takes a relative argument.

Thanks, though. I'm quite a novice at this and the definitions of the fields are not always obvious...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - Spring 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

129 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you