JIRA filter not updating/have to kill it and start over

SSchoepel July 7, 2016

I've tried using the filter feature in Chrome and Firefox and it's not a browser issue (at least it's happening in both). I create a filter or use an existing one and as I jump back and forth between the filter and the issues in them, the filter field gets replaced with the search and other filter icons next to the filter field. Eventually the filter field gets very tall and the list of issues is frozen. I cannot select a thing. I have to close the tab, open a new tab, and redo the filter. This happens all the time, all day long. It was okay for a day and I thought maybe something had been fixed, but it's happening again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

When I let Firefox debug the script it said was running poorly it came up with this line as an error:

line 144: if(this[0]){e=i&&i.parentNode;e=d.support.parentNode&&e&&e.nodeType===11&&e.childNodes.length===this.length?{fragment:e}:d.buildFragment(a,this,h);g=e.fragment;if(f=g.childNodes.length===1?g=g.firstChild:g.firstChild){b=b&&d.nodeName(f,"tr");f=0;for(var k=this.length,n=k-1;f<k;f++)c.call(b?d.nodeName(this[f],"table")?this[f].getElementsByTagName("tbody")[0]||this[f].appendChild(this[f].ownerDocument.createElement("tbody")):this[f]:this[f],e.cacheable||k>1&&f<n?d.clone(g,true,true):g)}h.length&&d.each(h,

Script: https://jira.healthmyne.com:84…batch/js/batch.js?locale=en-US:76

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2016

Is one of the icons a magnifying glass with something like "explain jql" as the tooltip?

SSchoepel July 7, 2016

Yes. It just repeats the icons over and over. It's also happening in IE as I'm trying that, too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2016

Ok, this is going to sound like a guess, but I reckon you have the Script Runner add-on installed, and it's a version with a bug that causes it to repeat the icons!

Can you check that in "manage add-ons"?  If I'm right, then it can be fixed by upgrading the add-on!

If I'm wrong, then I've totally misunderstood it, and I'd like to see a screenshot of it going wrong!

Suggest an answer