JIRA filter not updating/have to kill it and start over

I've tried using the filter feature in Chrome and Firefox and it's not a browser issue (at least it's happening in both). I create a filter or use an existing one and as I jump back and forth between the filter and the issues in them, the filter field gets replaced with the search and other filter icons next to the filter field. Eventually the filter field gets very tall and the list of issues is frozen. I cannot select a thing. I have to close the tab, open a new tab, and redo the filter. This happens all the time, all day long. It was okay for a day and I thought maybe something had been fixed, but it's happening again.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

When I let Firefox debug the script it said was running poorly it came up with this line as an error:

line 144: if(this[0]){e=i&&i.parentNode;e=d.support.parentNode&&e&&e.nodeType===11&&e.childNodes.length===this.length?{fragment:e}:d.buildFragment(a,this,h);g=e.fragment;if(f=g.childNodes.length===1?g=g.firstChild:g.firstChild){b=b&&d.nodeName(f,"tr");f=0;for(var k=this.length,n=k-1;f<k;f++)c.call(b?d.nodeName(this[f],"table")?this[f].getElementsByTagName("tbody")[0]||this[f].appendChild(this[f].ownerDocument.createElement("tbody")):this[f]:this[f],e.cacheable||k>1&&f<n?d.clone(g,true,true):g)}h.length&&d.each(h,

Script: https://jira.healthmyne.com:84…batch/js/batch.js?locale=en-US:76

1 answer

0 votes

Is one of the icons a magnifying glass with something like "explain jql" as the tooltip?

Yes. It just repeats the icons over and over. It's also happening in IE as I'm trying that, too.

Ok, this is going to sound like a guess, but I reckon you have the Script Runner add-on installed, and it's a version with a bug that causes it to repeat the icons!

Can you check that in "manage add-ons"?  If I'm right, then it can be fixed by upgrading the add-on!

If I'm wrong, then I've totally misunderstood it, and I'd like to see a screenshot of it going wrong!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Statuspage

How do your teams prepare for really high (planned) traffic days like Cyber Monday?

Hi there! Shannon from Statuspage here.  👋  With Cyber Monday quickly approaching, we're looking to hear from Atlassian customers – specifically from teams who touch incident response li...

58 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you