I need to know how many defects ( issues of type defect) does each Dev task have ? IS this possible? Currently, I am getting all links ( action items, UT defects,etc.) in comma seprated formatted.

6 answers

This could be calculated with Script field provided by Script Runner plugin. Can you use it?

0 votes

You'll also need to describe how you are storing the data in JIRA

Kshama, If your intention is NOT to automate the process for now, you can filter the issue types you want (Dev Tasks and Defects in this case) including the column that indicates the links between the parent issue with children issues, export the data to Excel and do a simple pivot to get your results. If automation is required, then I would suggest to check on Zephyr Enterprise.

@Vasiliy - Script Runner is paid right ? is this possible in AM Utils?

Nic - What information you need abt data model ? I can ask PMO for information

1) Yes, it is payd.

2) I am not good about AM Utils.

For free solution it is possible to try using SQL Query.

0 votes

As Guhan suggested, you could do this using Excel pivot tables generated by the Better Excel Plugin.

Guhan - The problem is in Excel I cannot distinguish between 'Defect', 'Action Item', 'DCR',etc. Iam  intrested only in defect for quality metrics

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

856 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot