Issue Key does not show up in the drop-down list

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing Data from CSV

Hi,

I have been trying to update multiple existing issues in JIRA (to copy value from the "Date Resolved" field to "Date Closed" field.

I created a CVS file with three fields ass following (only 1 case to try first):

IssueKey,Summary,Date Closed

SSSR-2972,vs2005 code review 13 changes,2/2/2009 15:30

I set up the correct Project and the Date format (m/d/yyyy h:mm), but in the "Setup field mappings" I cannot get Issue Key in the drop down list (all other fields that I looked for were there except Project, but I assumed that this is because I have already selected the project.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dan Ninic (dan.ninic@teradyne.com)

1 answer

Sounds like you are accessing the import from the front-end (under Projects menu).  This has scaled down functionality since it's available to end-users. Use the csv importer that is accessible from the Admin panel - note: you will need JIRA administrator permission.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for a quick reply.

Actually, I am accessing the import from the Admin panel (System / Import & Export / External System Import / Import projects and issues from a CVS file...). I do have JIRA administrator permission.

I selected the CVS file , then the Project, and set the correct Date Format.

The problem happens when I try to map the fields. I was able to map the Date and the Summary, but couldn't find the Issue Key field in the drop-down field.

Best regards,

Dan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,066 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot