Is JIRA Attachment Versioning not longer available?

We've updated our JIRA-Instance from JIRA 6.4.11 to 7.1.9 recently.

In JIRA 6 Issue Attachments of the same name where displayed as different 'Versions' of the same file.
Now those attachments are shown as separate attachments, not as multiple Versions of the same file...

Was that feature removed in JIRA 7? 

1 answer

Nope, it works exactly the same from JIRA 6.2.1 and in JIRA 7.1.9, i just verified it by creating a file like this:

date > Desktop/file1.txt
#uploaded the file
date > Desktop/file1.txt
#uploaded the new file to the same issue

In the issue i now see 2 files with the same filename but different timestamps in them, so that should work as it always did. The layout has changes some (initially the files were added with filenames in a list, while the newer JIRA shows 2 icons) but it's still storing the files with the same name as 2 different "versions" of the same file.

It is still possible to attach multiple files with the same filename to one issue... but in JIRA6 the newest one is displayed  highlited, the other one where geyed out, so it was easy to recognize that multiple revisions exist, and also easy to identify the latest Version of these files.

Now I see multiple files, and I have to check the filenames for duplicates by myself. If there are duplicates I have to wait for the "OnMouseOver", displaying the excact timestamp.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published Monday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

520 views 8 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you