How to send out email notification to the person who is in charge of next transition if the reporter and the assignee are the same person in JIRA?

How to send out email notification to the person who is in charge of next transition if the reporter and the assignee are the same person in JIRA?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Make sure both the reporter and assignee are named in the notification scheme for the event.  JIRA will de-duplicate the emails and make sure they only get one email.

But, what I mean is I want to send out the email notification to the person in group/project role A or in group/project role B (recognize by the security level) who is neither reporter nor assignee for the next transition of the workflow in JIRA.

Joe Pitt Community Champion Mar 30, 2016

For all transitions or a particular one? If for just one you can create a new event and add the role to the notification scheme. Use a project role even if it is one person so when they leave you can put the new person in the role. It also allows you to add a backup or switch out people for vacation coverage.

I'd like to +1 Joe's comment here, I've nothing to add to it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

304 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you