How to import CSV for Link "parent or child"?

Hello.

When importing with CSV file,

Do you know about how to import CSV for Link "parent or child" not for Sub-Task..

I can import with CSV only about Link "duplicate", Link "clone", Link "relates" and Link "block".

As you know there are also parent or child Link option.

Could you please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

No, there are no "parent or child link options".  Unless you have added them to your system as link types - admins can add any type of link they want and use whatever names they want for the directions of the links.  If you have added them, then you can import them in exactly the same way you use duplicate, link, relates or block

(Parent/child linking in JIRA language usually means "Task / Sub Task" relationships when we talk about JIRA, but there's no harm in using them in link types, even though the issues won't behave as parent/child pairs)

Genius! Thank you for your help.

hm, I so I don't have an answer - but a further Q!  so if I am putting in wrong place, please forgive me!  

I have selected "is Child-issue" in our system, and it consistently comes through with a link type of Parent. I even tried selecting Parent (just in case my thinking was twisted) and of course, it came up as Parent again.  I have been able to do "Relates" link types quite successfully, but not this Child relationship  (and they are not task/subtasks)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

392 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot