Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to filter issues by date range?

I am looking to create a filter for a project that will show the issues created in a certain date range but am having issues creating the syntax. I'm lost on how to create the date range. Any help would be appreciated!

3 answers

@Jason Bane As an example, if you want to search for issues created between a date range 1 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018, and want to list them in desceding order by creation date, you can use the below JQL query for your filter:

project = "your-project-name" AND created >= "2018-01-01" AND created <= "2018-12-31" order by created DESC

Please let me know if this helps!

With this JQL the issues from 31 DEC 2018 are not in the list. 

I think, this is the right one:

project = "your-project-name" AND created >= "2018-01-01" AND created <= "2019-01-01" order by created DESC

Like # people like this

Technically <= '2018-12-31' should bring defects from 2018/12/31 and prior
I don't know why it is not working that way

And 

the date with or without quotes is working the same way. Meaning '2018-12-31' or 2018-12-31 work the same way.

I'm using reset API to get the issue details using python requests and it seems like date range is not working.

Suppose I wanted to extract the issue details which has been updated/created between 1st Jan 2018 to 31st Dec 2018. I have tried using below format and it returns all the issue's which has been updated greater than 1st Jan 2018 to till date and not limited to Dec 31 2018. 

https://xxx-jws.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search/?jql=updatedDate>='2018-01-31&updatedDate<='2018-12-31'

Can someone help on this to retrieve issue's updated or created between date range

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf Community Leader Jan 04, 2019

Hi @Jason Bane

You could use something like this:

project=xyz and created  > startOfMonth() and created < endOfMonth()

gets the xyz issues created in the current month. Refer to other functions in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html

You can also give specific dates instead of date functions.

0 votes

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I would like to use the time entry date and not "created". When I try it I get a syntax error. 

Instead of this: created  > startOfMonth(-13)

I would like this: Time Entry Date  > startOfMonth(-13)

Is this possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,881 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you