How can I create issue for several users?

Konstantin Litvinov February 8, 2017

How can I assign issue to several ? Or perhaps clone one issue to several issues with different ...

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2017

JIRA doesn't do "multiple simultaneous assignees", because that opens the door to "I thought someone else was doing it", which despite people saying "It won't happen to us", always does, in my experience.

So, bearing in mind that you should think of the assignee as the single person who currently has responsibility for owing the issue, there are plenty of good ways to show other people's interests in it.

• User picker fields for roles like tester, authoriser, etc
  • Multi-user picker for involving several people
  • Group picker for naming an interested group
  • Create sub-tasks that can each be assigned to different people, with their own fields and workflows if useful.  (Can be automated with scripting and add-ons)
  • Clone the issue many times and assign them over.  (Sub-tasks would be better in most cases)
  • Have a dummy user representing the group.  Not recommended - it's ugly, needs external config on mail servers, consumes a licence, and re-introduces the "I thought someone else was doing it" problem)

Suggest an answer