Deleting application links without touching the reciprocal

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

Hi all,

I think this would be an easy one, but I cannot seem to figure it out.  Here is my situation I frequently create sandboxes especially of JIRA to test things prior to production deployment.  In doing this, I make a mirror of the production system, and in doing this it creates all the application links.   If I remove them on the sandbox it wipes them out the reciprocal link on all the other servers so Confluence, and especially Fisheye/Crucible stop working as they are no longer linked to production JIRA.  

As a work around I just go in and disable outgoing and incoming authentication. But I would rather just get rid of it without touching the reciprocal link, is there a setting or a way to do that.  (Note: I could just shut down eth0 and do it from the console, and when it tried to remove reciprocal it cannot as there is no network, but don;t like that solution either)  I would prefer there just be some sort of checkbox or something that says don't touch the reciprocal.

Anyhow thanks in advance for any insight!

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

Looks like it is fixed in 7.2

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2016

Agreed this sounds like a simple thing to add, I will bring up as improvement request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61008 

Please upvote it.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2016

This happened to one of the JIRA instances that I support and all hell breaks loose (imagine more than 1,200~ active projects depending on it and the integrated features suddenly went missing). I have not remembered to ask Atlassian about it though, thanks for reminding me smile If the community can't help or provide insights, let's take it to Atlassian.

Suggest an answer