Delete similar Label in Jira

Ricardo Gonzalez July 17, 2018

Hi Team,

there is any way to delete unused Labels or similar labels in Jira? easy way? Check the image labels field

jira.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ricardo Gonzalez July 20, 2018

there must be some other way of doing searches by label, your query returns me at least 4190 tickets, tickets that I have to manually check one by one until I find all. I need to find all ticket labeled as: labels=Internalticket in order to do a bulk edition.Internalticket.PNG

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muammar Amer July 20, 2018

Hi Ricardo,

By right, Jira will remove any unused labels automatically. In your case, both labels seem to be still in use by some issues.

To achieve your objective, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Create a search query to list all tickets with these lables. As Jira search is case-insensitive, this can be easily done with a single query such as the below:
    Project = SD and labels=Internalticket

The search result will have the issues with both internalTicket and internalticket labels.

2. Do a bulk edit on these tickets and change the label to the one you prefer. The unused label will then be removed automatically.

For more information on the logic behind this behaviour of dealing with labels differently in the search results, kindly refer to this link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-24907

Suggest an answer