• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Delete similar Label in Jira

Hi Team,

there is any way to delete unused Labels or similar labels in Jira? easy way? Check the image labels field

jira.PNG

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ricardo,

By right, Jira will remove any unused labels automatically. In your case, both labels seem to be still in use by some issues.

To achieve your objective, I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Create a search query to list all tickets with these lables. As Jira search is case-insensitive, this can be easily done with a single query such as the below:
    Project = SD and labels=Internalticket

The search result will have the issues with both internalTicket and internalticket labels.

2. Do a bulk edit on these tickets and change the label to the one you prefer. The unused label will then be removed automatically.

For more information on the logic behind this behaviour of dealing with labels differently in the search results, kindly refer to this link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-24907

0 votes
Answer accepted

there must be some other way of doing searches by label, your query returns me at least 4190 tickets, tickets that I have to manually check one by one until I find all. I need to find all ticket labeled as: labels=Internalticket in order to do a bulk edition.Internalticket.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

4,013 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you