Autmatic Default Assignee JIRA

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

Hello all,

I wonder if it was possible to set a person assigned by default if the Assignee field is not filled?

1 answer

1 vote
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

Yes, it is. You need to edit the Project's Workflow and add a Post Function to the Create transition. Choose Update Issue Field, on the next screen the Assignee field is automatically selected and you can choose the User.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2016

Perfect, thank you !

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

In fact it's not correct, i want to assign to the default assignee only if the field "assignee" is empty

TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

My bad, misread your post. Are you using JIRA Cloud or do you have a Server instance?

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

I've a server instance, i've solved the problem. I go through the Lead component, which will be treated as being assigned

TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2016

Yes, Component Leads are a possibility.

Why I asked about the instance is because on JIRA Server you can install an add-on called ScriptRunner which will allow you to create a Script Function-type Post Function which can do basically anything you want, e.g only set a default Assignee if the field is empty.

Suggest an answer