As a project administrator, how do I display a subtask's due date field in the parent issue, just for my project?

By default, the current subtask fields show in the parent issue

• Done
  • Summary
  • Issue Type
  • Status
  • (Action button)

I want to also display the due date, but I don't want to force every other project to do this.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi David,

the sub-task panel is very difficult to configure out of the box. You can show only certain fields - only the so-called system fields and the configuration is one for the whole system, it cannot be changed by projects.

The only solution is to use this plug-in Issue Matrix. Basically you should create a custom field of type Issue Matrix, select sub-task mode and configure which fields you want to show as columns.

If you have any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Peter T

This widget could not be displayed.

As a project administrator, you can't do this.

As a system administrator, it's really easy to do it globally, you can add any system or custom field to the display by adding them to the jira.table.cols.subtasks property in admin -> general config ->advanced

But it is global, not by project.  To limit it by project, you need code

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

95 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you