We're experiencing some issues with one of our users. We use AD-sync and I've seen questions like this but those seem to have a problem with all AD users and in our case this is just the 1 user.
Nothing differs between this one and another (working) user and a Test remote directory connection shows no errors and says Succeeded on all 7 tests, never the less the user is not able to login to our JIRA Servicedesk portal. Also; the user is listed in User Management - Users.
Any tips are greatly appreciated!
I am having a similar issue with two users. I have created an account in Jira (Cloud) for them and when I go to assign test cases to them their name does not appear. I went to check in their profiles and it says they don't exist although their account is created. It seems like an AD issue to me and not a Jira issue because the other 100 odd users I have created are fine.
Is this issue similar to yours?
See my attachment.
Hi Antonio, and thank you for engaging!
Yes and no. I cannot assign the user as reporter in cases and such, those things are the same as in your issue. since we use AD-sync we do not create accounts in JIRA manually so I did not create the user. The account is however created, and looks like this in JIRA:
If i click the user, I land on this page;
I do not know if the problem is in AD or in JIRA, but I lean towards that this is JIRA-related since I copied the exact same user in AD and that user worked to log into the portal. So to clarify, an identical AD account works, but not the original user...
did you manage to find the root cause of this problem? Or a solution?
I experience the same problem with one user.
On the database level the record in cwd_user looks good: values of First Name, Last Name etc are filled, but under User Management the user look like:
Hello @Andrey Kravtsov
Unfortunately no, I did not manage to find the cause of the issue, however I did get it to work by deleting the user (in AD) and create it anew.
Sorry if this is not helpful to you. We needed a fix quite fast and this did the trick so thats what we went with.
@Filip Škledar, this problem was on our server floating. After my initial post here I met only one another user with the same problem. Meanwhile both those users and generally any other user on the server looks ok. We did not perform any Jira updates over this time. It is really strange what has happened.
It's possible to fix it by updating user via ScriptRunner:
def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def userUtil = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil()
//userkey of the problematic user. It can be found on database
ApplicationUser user = userManager.getUserByKey("JIRAUSERXXXXX")
//builder to update the user
def builder = new ApplicationUserBuilderImpl(user)
Jira uses "Username" field to update user on User Management page. That's why it throws NullPointerException. They should use UserKey.
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events