Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"User does not exist" error

We're experiencing some issues with one of our users. We use AD-sync and I've seen questions like this but those seem to have a problem with all AD users and in our case this is just the 1 user.

Nothing differs between this one and another (working) user and a Test remote directory connection shows no errors and says Succeeded on all 7 tests, never the less the user is not able to login to our JIRA Servicedesk portal. Also; the user is listed in User Management - Users.

Any tips are greatly appreciated! 

3 answers

User does not exist.PNGHi Filiph,

I am having a similar issue with two users. I have created an account in Jira (Cloud) for them and when I go to assign test cases to them their name does not appear. I went to check in their profiles and it says they don't exist although their account is created. It seems like an AD issue to me and not a Jira issue because the other 100 odd users I have created are fine.

Is this issue similar to yours?

See my attachment.

Regards,

Tony.

Hi Antonio, and thank you for engaging!

Yes and no. I cannot assign the user as reporter in cases and such, those things are the same as in your issue. since we use AD-sync we do not create accounts in JIRA manually so I did not create the user. The account is however created, and looks like this in JIRA:
User.png

If i click the user, I land on this page;

user2.png

I do not know if the problem is in AD or in JIRA, but I lean towards that this is JIRA-related since I copied the exact same user in AD and that user worked to log into the portal. So to clarify, an identical AD account works, but not the original user...

Hello @Filiph Petzäll , @Antonio Francis ,

did you manage to find the root cause of this problem? Or a solution?

I experience the same problem with one user.

On the database level the record in cwd_user looks good: values of First Name, Last Name etc are filled, but under User Management the user look like:

Bug- User not found 1.jpg

Kind Regards,

Andrey

Hello @Andrey Kravtsov

Unfortunately no, I did not manage to find the cause of the issue, however I did get it to work by deleting the user (in AD) and create it anew.

Sorry if this is not helpful to you. We needed a fix quite fast and this did the trick so thats what we went with.

@Andrey Kravtsov  Did you manage to find any another solution for this problem?

@Filip Škledar, this problem was on our server floating. After my initial post here I met only one another user with the same problem. Meanwhile both those users and generally any other user on the server looks ok. We did not perform any Jira updates over this time. It is really strange what has happened.

@Andrey Kravtsov I have the problem on server too. Thanks for fast replying I hope i will find solution.

Kr,

Filip

It's possible to fix it by updating user via ScriptRunner:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.user.ApplicationUserBuilderImpl
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.util.UserManager

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def userUtil = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil()

//userkey of the problematic user. It can be found on database
ApplicationUser user = userManager.getUserByKey("JIRAUSERXXXXX")

//builder to update the user
def builder = new ApplicationUserBuilderImpl(user)

//new username
builder.name("newusername")

//update user
userManager.updateUser(builder.build())

Jira uses "Username" field to update user on User Management page. That's why it throws NullPointerException. They should use UserKey.

Like Javidan Amiraliyev likes this

@Sofia Quintero yes, I've tried it. It works. Did you try it?

I want to try it, but where do i have to execute the script? in wich options of script runner? 

Does it work in Jira Software Server ?

ScriptRunner has a console that you can use to execute scripts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

247 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you