label suggestions are not accurate or seem to be inherited from previous project

Ray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2024

When going through our tickets, we notice the labels are often newly created as the users who are adding labels are not selecting from the suggestions, as the suggestions are not relevant to the project. It would be ideal if we set a list of available labels to select from somewhere in the project settings. 

2 answers

1 vote
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2024

Hello @Ray 

What you are describing is expected behaviour, since labels are not Project specific but global to all Projects within a given Jira instance.

If you Google 'jira labels project specific', you'll see just how many times that topic has been discussed before.

It would be ideal if we set a list of available labels to select from somewhere in the project settings

Well, that feature doesn't exist and, given that all development for Jira Server has ended and all support ends in just over a month, it's highly unlikely that it ever will exist.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2024

It may get added to Data Center, but as there are apps in the marketplace that help with labels, I very much doubt Atlassian will add it.

0 votes
Umer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

Agreed with above - what you're looking for is not possible per project.

If you want to categorize your work in a way that someone has to select a specific 'Label', you are better off creating a multi-select custom field with all the options you want, and that will be restricted to your project only.

Suggest an answer