info@e.atlassian.com

Roshan Alexander June 14, 2021

Hi, I received an email about "Stay on track yo achieve your goals" from info@e.atlassian.com.

Is this a legitimate email address associated with atlassian? I signed in after clicking the hyperlink, but then the link began freezing my browser.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

Hi Roshan,

I can confirm that info@e.atlassian.com is a valid email address that Atlassian Marketing teams will use for sending messages.  I tried to check with my team about a message with this subject, but it appears there are multiple possible examples that might have that subject.

I don't believe there is anything malicious about this message.  If we can learn more about this message, such as a screenshot of the message itself, and perhaps the date/time it was received, that could help us to better pinpoint the exact message.  That could help us to investigate this further is need be.

Cheers,

Andy

Doug Shapiro October 21, 2021

We have recently received a couple of SPAM emails from info@e.attlassian.com that created tickets into our Jira Service Management project.

The latest one has a subject of:
Reggie Watts, welcome to the High Velocity: ITSM World Tour stage!

Someone has clearly highjacked this email address and the worry is that they also somehow got our Service Management email accounts to send to. This is troubling!

Those SPAM emails to both our Jira Service Management email project channels occurred today at 1:30 PM EDT.

As an update:

Two points:

1. As originally confirmed by Roshan, this is a legitimate Atlassian Marketing email address (including messages from their partners). What's not cool however is that Service Management email channels should automatically be excluded as receivers of those emails because that creates non-customer SPAM tickets! Why are Atlassian Marketing emails allowed to send to Service Management email channels? 

2. As a workaround, I found that blocklists are available in Jira Service Management projects. I have added info@e.atlassian.com to the blocklists of each of my projects. Hopefully this prevents the emails as expected.

Info for anyone who needs more information on how to use JSM blocklists.

I hope this helps.

Like # people like this
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hey Doug,

I am guessing that someone set your JSM email address as the Technical or Billing contact on the license. Atlassian is not emailing customer sites, they're emailing customer contacts.

Boris

Hi Boris,

It's good to hear Atlassian isn't doing that. I have not seen our JSM support project email addresses in our Technical or Billing contacts - I control that and would never have added it so it's hard to understand how this is happening but I will check into it.

Thanks!
Doug

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events