custom field email notification - Kanban

Monica Ferrer June 7, 2021

Hi,

I have a Kanban project with a specific workflow and what I need is that in the CREATION of a issue, depending on a custom field, Jira sends an email to specific addresses.

Looking at the postfunction in the workflow I see that on the status "Created" I cannot put any condition (where I can set for a specific value of a custom field send the notification to someone, if that custom field has another value, send it to another person). However, in other workflow status (after de "creation") I do can.

Below the step in the workflow and the impossibility of creating a postfunction based on a condition.

image.png

versus: 

image.png

where I can add a condition (depending on the value of a custom field) with a postfunction (send email)

image.pngimage.png

Is any other way to make this condition as soon as an Issue is Created?

On the other side, on the "Notifications" section, I can create emails depending on the issue status for specific custom field, but it does not appear in the list all the custom fields, because there are only "Users custom fields"

image.png

Do you have any solution?

The Jira is: Jira Software 8.6.1 Server version.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Monica Ferrer ,

If you have a JWME plugin, you can use a postfunction - Email Issue Post-function. This can be sent based on condiitonal execution. 

With script runner - you can use Fires an event when condition is true [ScriptRunner] . This option Fires an event that can be picked up by a notification scheme, in order to send mail only under certain conditions, eg Priority is Blocker.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Niran

Monica Ferrer June 7, 2021

Hi Niran,

Thanks for the response. I already installed JMWE plugin, but I still see no conditions available on the "Create" issue status. I only see postfunctions.

image.pngimage.png

Thanks

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Monica Ferrer - You must use postfunction - Email Issue Post-function. While configuring this post-function , you will be shown an option "Conditional Execution". You can add your condition there. 

Monica Ferrer June 9, 2021

Sorry Niranjan. How do I generate the condition? I want custome field "Producto afectado" is equal to a "value". Where I should put this value?

Thanks

image.png

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

Hi @Monica Ferrer ,

Try with issue.get("customfield_19102")== value

Replace the field value as requried.

Monica Ferrer June 9, 2021

Hi @Niranjan ,

I have configured this on the "Create status"

image.png

And when I create the issue I get the following message:

image.png

Monica Ferrer June 10, 2021

Hi @Niranjan,

Did you have the chance to check this?

Thank you!

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

Hi @Monica Ferrer ,

I am sorry. I missed your reply. Can you try to put the value between quotes?

issue.get("customfield_19102")== 'value' or

issue.get("customfield_19102")== "value"

Monica Ferrer June 10, 2021

Hi @Niranjan,

I did as well but unfortunately did not work.

Kind regards

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2021

@Monica Ferrer I tested the conditional execution part and it is working as expected. Triggers an email. The error message says it is due to the unsupported content entered. Kindly check the values entered for all the fields in the create issue screen. 

Something like a text value on a number field.

Monica Ferrer June 11, 2021

Hi @Niranjan,

Great, I already resolved the issue testing different options and finally it triggers.

Thank you!

Like Niranjan likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

@Monica Ferrer That is a great news. Kindly accept the answer so that the post will be marked as SOLVED. Thank and Good luck

Suggest an answer