Workflow Validator

Enrico Jr_ Rongavilla January 17, 2024

Hi,

Am pretty new in regards to workflow validator. I would like to set up something like

When user create a ticket under specific issue type lets say "incident" they will receive an error/reminder message f.e "please be remind etc etc etc" this will be displayed on create issue panel 

We have jira DC am looking for scriptrunner maybe or jira workflow toolbox or what would be the best solution so that I can make this work.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2024

Hi @Enrico Jr_ Rongavilla 

Try using validator in create transition. And using behaviour set the error message. 

Or if you want certain users with project role to not see the issue type you can do that also. But do you want to throw error on issue type field or other field? 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks this helps :) 

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2024

Hi @Enrico Jr_ Rongavilla 

No problem. Please do reach out in case of any questions. :)

0 votes
Santino Lucca Castrataro January 17, 2024

Hi @Enrico Jr_ Rongavilla! I´m not used to work in DC, but I think you can make an automation to send that email. 

Please let me know if you have that option and I will tell you how to do it!

Thanks!

Hi @Santino Lucca Castrataro thank you for your quick reply the error message should not be sent by email it should be displayed on create issue upon user change the issue type to specific issue f.e "incident"

Suggest an answer