Why is structure formula for version start date not working ?

Michał Pietrasik February 21, 2024

Hi all,

I'm encountering strange or perhaps silly problem with getting version start date from my tickets.

This works fine for me for release date :

fixVersions.UMIN_BY($.releaseDate)

and this should show me the start date of version:

fixVersions.UMIN_BY($.startDate)

but it is showing again release date.

I'm adding both formulas as in a custom column form.

version.png

Anybody had the same problem ?

Please help :)

2 answers

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

I can see the added screenshot now. There are two formulas in the column for some reason - the fixVersions variable is not tied to versions but to another formula that can't be seen. The formula can't be seen, so it's unclear what it's doing exactly and what can be expected from the results.

Please reach out to us for further investigation.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo

Thanks for asking me the right questions.

I created fresh new columns with those formulas

with ver = fixVersions.UMIN_BY($.releaseDate): ver.releaseDate

with ver = fixVersions.UMIN_BY($.releaseDate): ver.startDate

and it works fine.

Like Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_ likes this
0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2024

Hello @Michał Pietrasik 

I'm afraid it's not clear what exactly you're doing - the formulas in question can't provide any dates, they return the names of versions ordered by their individual dates. If this is what you mean, then perhaps the dates match in versions' settings.

If they don't, then we would need to look into your setup in detail to be able to recommend anything. Please reach out to us at our support portal and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Thanks, you're right.

So I would need a formula which would get the earliest version from issues fixVersions and then releaseDate and startDate from it.

Regards

Michał

Suggest an answer