Synchronizing sister issues

Jean-François RIOU June 1, 2020

Hi all, 

I have 2 stories S1 and S2 of 2 distinct story types Each has its own statuses and its own workflow because each has its own process. however, S1 and S2 are linked to the same epic (same parent). 

I need to implement a synchronisation between S1 and 2 because, a status transition on S1 is condition for a transition on S2. The sole common thing between both stories is their link to the same parent. My current problem problem is to synch sister issues. If S1 does not exist, S2 has no sister and processing S2 does not rely on any other story. 

I have read so far conditions can be for all child subtasks for an issue but nothing about sister issues. I explored creating a single workflow combining S1 and S2. But there again, S1 can have a life of its own. Same thing for S2. But if both exist with the same parent, synch is needed.

Any help is warmly welcomed. Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2020

Hi,

If you have JMWE, you can do it using the "Transition Related Issues" post-function. 

1. Add the post-function to the workflow of S1
  2. Input the transition to be triggered on S2
  3. Select "Issues returned by the following JQL search" under "Target issues"
  4. Input a JQL that results in S2. Say, Epic link = "Scheme" and issuetype = "S2 type"
  5. Save the post-function
  6. Publish the workflow
  7. Repeat the same for all other synchronizations.

Regards,

Radhika

Jean-François RIOU June 13, 2020

Thank you Radhika

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2020

Hi @Jean-François RIOU ,

Do you have Automation For Jira or ScriptRunner? It could probably be done with one of those, but I do not use ScirptRunner so I could not offer any advice there. 

Jean-François RIOU June 13, 2020

Thank you John

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2020

Glad you were able to get up and running.  :-)

Like Jean-François RIOU likes this

Suggest an answer