Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Summation bar in list view window

Hi everyone, I started a while ago to develop a plugin that sums up all the time from my issues in jira. so I made a webwork plugin that can  do this, shows image below.

But now I want to add my summary bar to the real list view window inside jira, so wondering what is the best approach? Maybe you're aware of this  @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  ?

webwork.jpgjiraexample.jpg

1 answer

Hi @Rickard Forslund so you just need to "decorate" your page with Jira stuff (header, footer...)?

OK, I checked screenshots more carefully but unfortunatelly I'm not aware of easy way how to achieve this. The table has some more functions like filtering, adding columns, exports which you would need to implement. I think it is the reason why it is not easily extensible :(.

Like Rickard Forslund likes this

Ye not realy decorate the page , more like putting the summation bar into the existing list view page. also if it's possible to only edit the footer on the list view page maybe works?, anyway i atleast have to try, how would you start? im totaly lost when its come to editing existing plugins.

Thanks Martin Bayer for all your help on my road to my first jira plugin.

Hi @Rickard Forslund , to be honest, I never tried to customize this part of Jira, but I just found module called Search request view (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/search-request-view/), there is also some bug for this module created here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-71234?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=118ad7a2-9587-466a-8d88-9e061296f3c1.

There is step by step tutorial, how to create plugin with this module:

1. create plugin with search-request-view module using SDK:
    atlas-create-jira-plugin-module > .. > "17. Search Request View"
  2. package and install on Jira
  3. in Jira, perform search for issue, where query contains some non-ascii character. For example: summary ~ "Über"
  4. Execute plugin by calling option Export -> MyPlugin

You can check this, or maybe you are already using this module?

okay il give it a try Martin :), thank you

Cool, @Rickard Forslund let me know what is the result, I'm quite currious :)

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

167 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you