Simple Script Validator: update a priority to something other than the original, transition issue

Megan D February 22, 2024

Hello, 

I have 4 priorities set up:

• Rush Job
  • 1-4
  • 5-6

If the creator picks Rush Job, it needs Lead approval. If the Lead rejects the job as being a Rush, the creator needs to go back and EDIT the priority (by clicking the pencil icon on the issue) to one of the other three priorities. They would then click a button called "Fixed Priority" to transition the issue. Clicking the button without changing the priority would give a warning with a message.

Currently, the code only works if they change it to 1-4, but not any of the others; it returns a warning.

My current code in the Post-Function validator (Simple Script Validator) is:

if (issue.priority?.name == '1-4' || issue.priority?.name == '5-6' || issue.priority?.name == '7') {
issue.priority!= originalIssue.priority
}

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or have correct code/advice? Thank you! 

The final working code (checks that priority is set to specific options rather than check if it changed):

issue.priority?.name == '1-4' || issue.priority?.name == '5,6' || issue.priority?.name == '7'

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

Hi @Megan D 

Have you try 

if (issue.priority?.name == '1-4' || issue.priority?.name == '5-6' || issue.priority?.name == '7') {
return issue.priority?.name != originalIssue.priority?.name
}

Regards

Megan D February 23, 2024

That didn't end up working, however, I finally figured something out. I made it a bit simpler.

Instead of checking if the priority was changed from the original, it checks to see if the priority is one of other options.

Working code:

issue.priority?.name == '1-4' || issue.priority?.name == '5,6' || issue.priority?.name == '7'

Suggest an answer