Scriptrunner Script to update a custom field value to match another customer field value on event

Lexi March 25, 2022

I have a script that updates the custom field value of developer to match the issue assignee on all issue events and it works great. 

I am trying to write a script that does something similar, but its not working (its also not failing, it just shows its not running at all) and I'm not sure which part I have wrong. 

I am trying to update the custom field value of the field "cc date replacement" (12828) with the value of the custom field "cc date" (10522)

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

def issue = (MutableIssue) event.issue
def cc = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(10255) // "CC Date"
def datetimePickerField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(12828) // "CC Date (Replacement)"

// Set the CC Date Replacement Field to be the same as CC Date
issue.setCustomFieldValue(datetimePickerField, issue.cc)

ComponentAccessor.issueManager.updateIssue(cc, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false)

here is the script that I based it off of that is working which updates the custom field of "developer" with the value of the issue assignee. 

import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

def user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser
def userPickerField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(10553) // Developer

// Set the User Picker to be the same as Assignee
issue.setCustomFieldValue(userPickerField, issue.assignee)

ComponentAccessor.issueManager.updateIssue(user, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hello @Lexi ,

Please try this script snippet after updating with the correct custom field ids :

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def customField1Id = 12400
def customField1 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(customField1Id)

def customField2Id = 12500
def customField2 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(customField2Id)

def customField1Value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField1)
def customField2Value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField2)

customField2.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(customField2Value, customField1Value), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder())
Lexi March 25, 2022

Thank you @Antoine Berry !

That at least got it to run, but its failing. 

Im not sure what I'm looking at here, but do you think its failing because the 

Field 1 is a date field and Field 1 is a date/time field? 

2022-03-25 12:26:03,850 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: ************************************************************************************* 2022-03-25 12:26:03,850 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent, file: null groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: customFieldManager for class: Script33 at Script33.run(Script33.groovy:9)

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

My bad, I forgot to add the customFieldManager definition. I updated the script in my first answer.

Lexi March 25, 2022

@Antoine Berry I cant thank you enough, that worked!

Like Antoine Berry likes this

Suggest an answer