Script runner: issueFunction to get user property in a JQL query

mel vega February 19, 2016

Hi,

Is there a way to do a JQL query based on user properties via IssueFunction or any ither function thanks to script runner ?

I knwo the question has already been asked but it's such a shame to be able to set user properties without being able to query on them ...

thanks for your help

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

You could write your own function, I can't think of another way. It would be nice if ScriptRunner included that function.

A less satisfactory alternative is to create a script field that exposes the user property, eg "some property" of issue.assignee. Then you could query on that.

0 votes
Kristian Walker (Adaptavist)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2016

Hi Mel,

I recently answered a similar question here on how to report on user properties inside of JIRA using Script Runner which may be of interest to yourslef.

I hope this helps.

Kristian

Suggest an answer