Resolved to Closed Status automatically

Vignesh Babu N March 15, 2020

Hi,

Can anyone help me out from this issue. I need to change the status from RESOLVED to CLOSED status automatically. I put the automation rule. Please find the attached image.

I think i used it correctly. But i can see the previous tickets before i run the rule & also after i enable the rule.

RESOLVED.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2020

Hi @Vignesh Babu N ,

I guess there is logic error here. You trigger the rule when issue is resolved. So, issues already resolved will never transition to Closed status.

What is the main purpose for this automation? If you want to close the ticket immediately after resolved, do not add "JQL" condition.

Or, Do you want to close tickets older than 2 days? Then use "Scheduled" trigger.

Regards

Vignesh Babu N March 18, 2020

Hi Tansu,

I need to close the Resolved Tickets after 2 or 3 days not immediately. Can i use "Scheduled" trigger for this or need to use JQL query? If yes, please share the screenshot. 

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2020

Sure you can do it.

Sample rule runs everyday and checks Resolved issues which were last updated before two days. Then automation closes these issues.

Automation.png

Faisal Kamal February 23, 2021

Hello, Does this automation rule works on JIRA cloud?

I have set it up but it does not update to Closed

Faisal Kamal February 23, 2021

After enabling the alert, Run Rule worked.

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
0 votes
felix.weber June 12, 2020

If you are working with Jira Service Desk you might can setup it also with the Service Desk Automation 

not 100% sure at least avoiding the weekends the default SD automation should help as it should be only "business days" - however I am not sure if Saturday will be counted as business days or how it is calculated e.g. if you are working in Israel

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/auto-close-incidents-after-they-are-resolved/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events