Open issues or closed in the current quarter

Кристина Кучерова August 20, 2018

Hello!

I want to write a filter that will shows issues that are not closed or done (Open, In progress and etc.) or that we resolved in the current quarter of the year. 
I do not want to use static dates because I do not want to update filter every quarter. 
What are my options? 

For now I use something this but this is not correct. 

project = KMD AND issueType = Story AND
(status not in (Closed, Done)
OR (status in (Closed, Done) AND updated > startOfMonth(-2) )) 

Example: 

Now is 2nd quarter and it is 1st of May (2nd month of 2nd quarter)
So I want to see features closed from (1st of April to now) 

Task is in progress -> show it
Task is closed and it was closed 15 of April -> show
Task is closed and it was closed 29 of March -> hide

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2018

Hello!

I dont know of a way to search for the current quarter in JQL.

However, this query will return all issues created in the first quarter of the current year. Maybe it helps you, even though its not really what you were looking for:

created >= startOfYear() AND created <= startOfYear(3M)
Кристина Кучерова August 20, 2018

Thank you very much! 
I thought about something crazy like 

project = KMD AND issueType = Story AND (now() > StartOfYear() and now() < StartOfYear(3M) AND resolved >= StartOfYear() AND resolved < StartOfYear(3M)))

but I cannot use now() as a field. And as far as I understand there is nothing like sysdate or current_date

Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Yeah im afraid you cant do that afaik.

You would have to make 4 filters is how i see it. One for each quarter.

project = KMD AND issueType = Story AND (resolved >= StartOfYear() AND resolved <= StartOfYear(3M)) 

project = KMD AND issueType = Story AND (resolved > StartOfYear(3M) AND resolved <= StartOfYear(6M))

and so on...

Like # people like this
Кристина Кучерова August 21, 2018

Oh thank you!
I think this will suit the team :) Great idea just to separate and create several filters. 

Michael Wohlgemuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2018

I'm glad i could help!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Recurly Operations June 11, 2021

Suggest an answer