You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Does anyone have a suggestion for managing the following:
One product backlog
2 Boards - each for one SCRUM team
How can I have sprints running for each board pulling the items from one central backlog?
Thank you for your assistance!
it was mentioned in multiple topics - like https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/One-project-multiple-backlog-multiple-sprints/qaq-p/806493
Set up a separate scrum board for each team.
Have a filter for each board that filters out issues based on some differentiator:
* e.g. 1 component="Team-X" / "Team-Y" etc.
* e.g.2 label = "Team-X" / "Team-Y" etc.
You can have many components per issue, so you can still use components like they should be used :)
People say that benefit of components over labels here is that sub-tasks created under a story with a component assigned should get the component automatically (so it will stay with the board and its filter)
check if your task have both components.
If a task has both, then it is picked up by both filters (each board); if it is in a specific sprint, then it will show with that sprint as well;
so the way to do this is to have only one component per task, or share sprints among teams (though you'd have to start and close them together then);
there might be also some other edge cases - but I don't have enough info to support; the one I described is a typical mistake I've noticed;
BTW - I've been working with this setup for 6+ months and it works very well; I actually prefer it to the "separate teams = separate projects" approach
I have one project with 3 teams working on the same project (same codebase). I've set up a custom field to store the scrum team and the board filters (separate boards for each team) use this field to only show issues associated with this team.
All of our issues roll up to Epics, so, to automate things, the Epics are assigned to specific teams, and I have a few Jira automations that set the 'team' custom field correctly based on the parent Epic. I also have a couple of automations that make sure sub-tasks are assigned to the correct team when created.
This is all working well so far. But make sure you create automation rules for create and update scenarios (e.g. if an Epic is moved to a different team, the 'team' field for all child issues needs to be updated).