Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Max number of site admins in Jira Standard Cloud Edited

Does anyone have an idea what the limits on admin group membership may be on a Standard Jira Cloud plan?

I went to add a new person to the site-admin group on our Cloud site and got a message saying we had reached the maximum number of users for our plan with an option to Upgrade. I removed one user to free up space but I got the same message. I have done several searches and looked at the page Atlassian had linked with the Learn More option but can't find any restrictions on the # of site-admins.

Message.jpg

I got the same message trying to add the person to the administrators group as well, we only have 4 of these people currently. 

I have invited new users to our site earlier this week, the problem is adding existing people to these groups. The message I had from Atlassian is confusing.

2 answers

0 votes
Esther Strom Community Leader Aug 21, 2020

When you say you're trying to add a new person to the group, do you mean you are trying to add an existing licensed user to the site-admin group, or you're trying to create/invite a new user and add them to the group?

If it's the latter, the message is not referring to a limit on how many people you can have in a group, but to the fact that, by trying to add a new user, you're going over the limit of your licenses.

Here's how you can find out how many users you currently have:
2020-08-21 11_43_17-Atlassian Cloud Licensing _ Atlassian.png

The users I am trying to add are pre-existing licensed users. I added several new users to our site 2 days ago, I have no issues inviting new people just adding them to the site-admin and administrators groups.

Esther Strom Community Leader Aug 21, 2020

Hmm. Do you also use Service Desk? If so, do the people you're trying to add to site-admins have service desk agent licenses? If not, and you're at your agent limit, that might be the problem, as I believe a site admin needs to have admin access to service desk as well.

@Esther Strom sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see any email saying this was here.

Service Desk is an option in our system but we aren't using it, still paying for it as we are discussing whether we will need it, and I only have 2 people licensed for it so there is room for 1 more.

Problem has been resolved. Awhile back someone in our company activated Opsgenie, never used and it was suspended shortly thereafter but the site-admin group used by Jira/Confluence was still linked with Opsgenie. It was through that link that Opsgenie's limits were causing the problem. Once the link was broken the licensed user could be added to the group.

Esther Strom Community Leader Sep 02, 2020

Glad you got it figured out! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

244 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you