Issue filter send in Email - columns problem

Pavel Lyko April 14, 2020

Hi, just try to send email with filter resaults.

But, evan if i change columns by delete some of them(status, creator and other), i still become all default columns in email.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Hi Pavel,

Can you give us more information as to how you are sending the Email? Is it through a Subscription?

I dont know, what is Subscription...
I just open my filter and use Email button:

email button.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Okay, thanks for sharing that.

Columns with filters are weird because if you just change the columns, the filter doesn't save that. you have change something else, too. 

So what I normally do is pull up the filter, change the columns for what I want them to be.

Then click on a column heading to sort the list differently. That causes Jira to understand that something has really changed. Then you can save the filter again. 

If it is not the sort order you want, simply change the sort order by deleting the order by at the end of the filter and then click on another column heading to sort by that.

Then save again. 

Then send the email and see if it uses the columns on your screen for the filter. 

i just change many colums, sort by new one, but nothimg changed in email...still looks this way:

header.png

only default colums are there...

Werd is, that even of this last page of email settings is everything ok, my columns, my way to sort then...:

weird.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2020

Maybe try to do a Subscription and which columns it sends it with. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events