Is there a way to filter the test case by referring to test data using a JQL query?

Punith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

I wanted to filter the test case(s) by referring to the test data columns. Is there a way to build a JQL to find the test using the information that is in the test data column? 

[PARKS-3833] Email receipt --- Applies to Customer(s) Virginia - Alabama - Highland - INDNR - FCPA - MNDNR - Florida - Mass DCR - .jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2024

Hi @Punith , welcome on the community.
What app do you use for managing the test cases and steps?

Punith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

Thank you, glad to be here.

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  we're using Zephyr for managing test cases.

Like John Connolly likes this
John Connolly February 13, 2024

Zephyr provides a number of JQL functions that enhance the standard JQL here:  JQL Functions | Zephyr Scale Server Documentation (smartbear.com)

I don't know for sure that you can do what you need to do, but take a look at this function in case it helps:  coveredByTestCasesHavingField()

Suggest an answer