Is there a way to edit remaining estimate in the new issue view?

Liam Ferguson April 22, 2019

The remaining estimate field is now gone from the new view. Is there a way to update remaining estimate?

7 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Teddy Bendahan August 29, 2019

I have the Time Tracking in all the screen but is not showing the Remaining Estimate  to edit a subtask

1 vote
Telford Burtts August 6, 2019

Hello Brittany, I think what may help me with this conversation is that in the old view you have two fields when you have "Remaining Estimate and Time Spent" selected in "Settings > Estimation". But in the new view you only see original Estimate. Is there a way to display the remaining estimates field with the original estimate field in the new Jira project?

Old View

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.43.05 AM.png

New View: Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 11.48.41 AM.png

0 votes
Deleted user November 19, 2020

Hi  @Brittany Wispell 

Since you are forcing us all to switch the new view fairly soon, this absolutely needs to be resolved. If you have any way to affect prioritisation internally please try to make this a thing.

Christian Methfessel November 19, 2020

Hey @[deleted] 

Since 10.11. it is possible to make both the Original Estimate and the Remaining Estimate visible.

See also: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74198

Telford Burtts November 19, 2020

Juri,

I'm seeing the time remaining field but it is only recognizing story points format when I want it to be in hours. I've set my board settings to original estimate and Remaining Estimate and Time Spent but it only recognizes story points for the time remaining field. The original estimate field is recognizing hours.

Thanks,

T.

Tom Thompson March 29, 2021

OK, 3/29 and still not fixed.  Hmmm...

Just add the "Remaining Estimate" field so we can access.  PLEASE.

Not having it makes our Time Tracker add-on useless.

Christian Methfessel March 29, 2021

Good morning Tom,

The "Remaining Estimate" field is present since several months:

Screenshot 2021-03-30 081537.jpg

You can add it to the sidebar of the main ticket view.

For this purpose, you have to edit the Field layout of the sidebar (at the bottom right: configure) and add the field "Time Tracking". Then you will get the residual time estimation in your sidebar.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 081615.jpg

Best regards

Christian

Like Telford Burtts likes this
Tom Thompson March 30, 2021

Appreciate your response, but I already have Time Tracking.  No Remaining Estimate though. 

Jira cloud?  You are calling it "Field Layout" but I only see "Issue Layout" which leads me to configure screens. 

All screens have Time Tracking, but no Remaining Estimate is available.

Tom Thompson March 30, 2021

I actually found a way.  Clicking on the work log item, it allows you to adjust Remaining Estimate.

Like # people like this
o_polityko April 29, 2022

thanks, that helped me as well! :)

0 votes
Christian Methfessel August 24, 2020

I asked the support and they guided me to this ticket:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74198

Would be great if you could Vote and Comment, to show the Jira Developers that this is really an important (and: easy to solve) issue.

Telford Burtts August 24, 2020

Thanks Christian for sharing this link. Looks like it's a bit down the list but at least it's on the list. :). 

0 votes
Christian Methfessel August 21, 2020

I am looking for the same thing.
You can adjust the "Original Estimate" in the Issue sidebar, but the field "Remaining Estimate" is not there and can not be changed.

Configuring the Issue Layout (Kanban Default Issue Screen) does not help, as there is no field "Remaining Estimate" to be selected.

The only (dirty) workaround I found:

Make a 1m time booking on this issue and set the remaining estimate there. Then delete the time booking and the remaining estimate will be changed.

This is hilarious. We can't use the New Jira Issue View since one stupid field is missing...

Telford Burtts August 21, 2020

Yeah, I've chosen not to use the new view because of this one issue. Still not fixed...grrr. Some of my team members hop between both views just to burn down their issues. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience.

0 votes
Gustavo Mendoza July 15, 2020

Hi

Did you find any solution?

Thanks!!

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

Hi @Liam Ferguson 

I need a little more information to help point you in the right direction. 

Are you in Atlassian Cloud or Server version of Jira? 

When you say view are you referring to the screen that shows up initially when creating ticket? 

Thanks! 

Liam Ferguson April 23, 2019

Thanks! We are on Atlassian Cloud version of JIRA. Yes I am referring to the view when editing the ticket in the new Jira labs view.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

Hey @Liam Ferguson 

Which view do you currently see? 

Have you made sure that the 'Time Tracking' field is in your screen? 

Have you also made sure that your permissions are set properly for you to be able to view the 'Time Tracking' options? 

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.50.44 AM.png

Old View:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.47.24 AM.png

New View:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 9.46.19 AM.png

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question