Is there a price wall?

Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2024

Hello community

I manage Jira Server with 10 users.

Since SERVER EOL I wonder if its real that I will no longer be able to get licence for me at a normal price.

What's behind this strategy?

btw, before you say: Cloud is not an option.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2024

Hi @Adria Alonso ,

You are right. You cannot renew or buy new jira server license.

You got 2 options

1. Buy Data center license: Minimum is 500 user license
    image.png

Academic Data Center subscriptions: Qualified academic institutions receive a 50% discount on all Data Center subscriptions.
    Community Data Center subscriptions:
     Qualified non-profit organizations receive free Data Center subscriptions (inclusive of both products and Marketplace apps).

2. Migrate to cloud. It is free upto 10 users

Compare the prices here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2024

Hello Rilwan,

Thanks for your reply, cloud is not an option.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2024

Hi Adria,

The strategy has been "move to Cloud" for many years. 

New licences for new server installs stopped a few years ago, and for the last couple, existing licences stopped being alterable (you could not increase or decrease your user limits).

Your options are:

• Cloud
  • Data Center (lowest licence level is 500 users)
  • If you have a server licence already, keep running it, the licence is perpetual.  But unsupported, a fixed number of users, and no updates.
Adria Alonso
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2024

Hello Nic,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I am aware of the last point you mentioned, but being unsupported and with no updates eventually will lead to some issues (maybe in years).

500 users is the wall. I supose Atlassian preffers tobget rid of supporting small teams with on premises installations.

Thank you again for your reply.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2024

Not quite.  The aim is to get smaller users moved to Cloud (even though it now supports quite large systems)

Suggest an answer