I cant see create sprint button on JIRA

supriya deshmukh May 27, 2022

I have administrator role, site admin access, manage sprint permissions for administrator role. I still cant see Create sprint button for my profile. 

i do have complete sprint, edit and delete sprint access.

The person who created everything has left the organisation. But he made me admin and I can't access this now. Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hello, @supriya deshmukh ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you show me a screen shot of the permissions scheme of the project for which you are trying to create a sprint?  I'd like to verify that you have the permissions you say you have.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 15.47.00.pngScreenshot 2022-05-27 at 15.48.10.pngScreenshot 2022-05-27 at 15.49.18.png

Thanks for replying me. Please see the screenshots above 

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 15.51.29.png

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@supriya deshmukh So, one of the screenshots of the project shows that you're the Project Lead.  That's different from a Project Administrator role.  

There should be a People option in the toolbar that runs along the left for Project Settings.  Please confirm you have the Administrator role there for the project.

supriya deshmukh May 30, 2022

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 09.57.18.png

Hi Robert, Please check the screenshot above.

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

OK, @supriya deshmukh .  There are two ideas I have.

1. On the screenshot of the Backlog page, you need to scroll down past the already-defined sprints to where the backlog truly is, as @Mayur Jadhav has suggested.  The Create Sprints button is in the corner of the section where issues have not been assigned to a sprint.

2. If it's not there, you may need to see the board filter query and see if you have all the required permissions if the query uses multiple projects.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/using-manage-sprints-permission-for-advanced-cases-938847165.html

Like Karan Jagdish likes this

found it on the backlog where issues were not assigned. Thanks for the help @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ and @Mayur Ramesh Jadhav 

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

@supriya deshmukh Glad to hear that your is resolved.

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Hi @supriya deshmukh ,

As per the below information and screenshots I think you have enough permission. 

It looks like you are using the Kanban board, not the scrum board ? Could you please confirm it once. Active sprints are only available on Scrum boards

Regards,
Mayur

I am using scrum board.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 16.05.47.png

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

The sprint permission is typically restricted to the two variants below.

1. Project permission scheme
  2. parallel sprints

The first point is already discussed and you have enough permission, could you please also check weather parallel sprints is turn on or not, if not please turn on.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Hi @supriya deshmukh 

Instead of Backlog, can you please click on active sprint at the left and check the result. You will be able to see one grey color button(Complete sprint/Start Sprint).

Like Vikash Kumar likes this

I have the permission to complete or start sprint. I need to create future sprints for which I am trying to find a create sprint button.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 16.19.09.png

parallel sprints are on/checked

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Could you please scroll down and check i think you're checking on the active sprint.

Scrum_look.png

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 16.25.00.png

Please see the screen shot above. this is when i clicked on backlog not active sprint. 

Suggest an answer