How to show an issue was closed in a sprint that has ended

Greg Mueller February 28, 2024

I accidentally closed a ticket late.  I want to show that it was actually closed in a previous sprint so that it reflects properly in the sprint reports.  What's the best way to go about this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Greg Mueller 

My understanding is the only way to do that is to re-open the sprint, finish the item during that now opened timeframe, and then complete the sprint again.  This will have consequences as the sprint end date / time will change.  To learn more, please look here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/reopen-a-sprint/

For a one-time error like this, I would accept there is a difference and learn from the experience to review the board before closing the sprint.

Kind regards,
Bill

Greg Mueller February 28, 2024

Wow! Why do they make it so difficult, I wonder?  Thank you for the link with the decision tree, very helpful. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Hello @Greg Mueller  Hope you are doing well. If your question was clarified, please consider accepting the answer so folks researching in future can benefit from the discussions. Thanks!

Suggest an answer